The inner workings of governmental agencies are complex. Operating a government, whether large or small, requires specialized knowledge, experience, and skill. Additionally, emerging and changing reporting requirements for governmental entities have created new challenges for many levels of government. From operational structure, to tax and budget requirements, to the particular needs of your specific entity, you have a lot on your plate. You need a knowledgeable partner who can help navigate the intricacies of remaining compliant, retaining funding, reducing costs, and maintaining your budget.
We are eager to help you chart a sustainable path for your organization. Our experienced professionals are equipped to help you comply and thrive in a heavily regulated marketplace. We are well versed in the complex requirements of Governmental Accounting Standards, Government Auditing Standards, and Uniform Guidance. We demonstrate our commitment to quality by maintaining membership in the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center, and firm partner Brian Green serves as a member of the Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council.
Seim Johnson offers our government sector clients thorough and professional services tailored to their individual needs, including:
- Financial Statement Audits of State and Local Governments
- Compliance Audits in Accordance with Government Auditing Standards, the Single Audit Act, and Other Regulatory or Local Grantor Agency Reporting Requirements
- Training and Assistance Implementing New GASB Pronouncements
- Board and Finance Committee Training and Education
- Internal Control Review and Recommendations
- Assistance with Developing and Reviewing Indirect Cost Rates
- Development and Evaluation of the Budgeting Process
- Analysis and Forecasting of Cash Flows
- Financial and Operational Reviews of Specific Departments, Services, and Programs
- Assistance with Meeting Debt Covenants and Other Legal Requirements
Contact us today to learn how we can create a customized plan to meet the needs of your government entity.