Seim Johnson is looking for an experienced Tax Manager
A Tax Manager at Seim Johnson provides support and applies knowledge and skill obtained from internal, external and client site training activities to complete work for the Firm at varying degrees. This position works under the direct supervision of department specific senior managers and partners. It is required that the Tax Manager will have already passed the CPA exam in order to further advance in their career path at the Firm. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment and contribution to improvement and success of the Firm. They will be able to interact with a diverse group of Firm staff at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. This position is expected to recommend changes in Firm practices or procedures for efficiency.
- Tax Managers prepare high-level returns for a variety of industries.
- Work with staff to ensure individual and business tax returns are completed correctly and by the required deadline.
- Coach or mentor a staff member to assist with enhancing their skills and further developing their career.
- Gather relevant tax-related information from the client so an accurate tax return can be prepared.
- Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Network, build relationships and attract new clients or business for the Firm.
- Bill clients for the services and guidance provided.
- In addition to all of this, hold an active CPA license with 5-10 years of experience in public accounting tax work.
Seim Johnson may be mid-size, but our larger-than-life culture puts us heads above other firms. We boast a healthy work-life integration, flexible scheduling, career growth and opportunity. There are things that make us unique, but we consider them standard practice. You’ll never be pigeon holed into a particular area; we want you to be motivated by work that motivates you. You choose your career path by working in areas of the industry that interest you. You’ll experience a high level of interaction with clients from the beginning. We are dedicated to continuing your education so you are staying up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry’s regulations and policies. Our family friendly atmosphere, casual and open door policy allow you access to learn from everyone from associate level to partner. And fun!…working for Seim Johnson is just fun! From monthly social events to free lunches and snacks, fun is a part of what we do every day. We put emphasis on the well-rounded associate. Our team is honored to serve the needs of our community with involvement in youth sports, churches, and social service organizations. We seek to strengthen and support our community through opportunities to serve in terms of leadership and personal enrichment.
Reach out and we’ll reach back! If you are the right fit for this position, we want to hear from you. Send us an email with your resume attached to [email protected] or give us a call. One of our recruiters will be in touch regarding a phone interview or face-to-face meeting. Then, check us out on Facebook or Twitter. We can’t wait to meet you!